Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Habbit Is Over

Since day one Isaac has been an avid thumb sucker. I sucked my thumb as a child and actually had to have a retainer to make me stop, I didnt want him to go that long because it gave me an overbite and, of course, I did not want that for him. We never really tried to stop Isaac from sucking his thumb because he was still really young, but a couple of weeks ago we decided that it was time to try and get him to stop. We thought it would be really difficult to stop him because it has been going on every time that he has gone to sleep since the beginning. We bought some stuff to get him to stop biting his nails a while ago and we used that to put on his thumb. It was really funny, he loved when I put the stuff on his finger, but when he put his thumb in his mouth he took it out and spit onto the carpet. It was much easier than we thought it would be and it only took about 3 days, and now I am proud to say that we no longer have a thumb sucking son. It actually makes me a little sad, it is just one of those small things that remindes me of how big he is getting, but I am also so proud that he was able to break his habbit so easily.



5 comments:

Tiffy Ann said...

Good job Isaac! The kiddo's are getting so big, it is crazy! I hope that you guys are doing well. I love you!

Coleman & Mandy said...

Hi Whitney! I finally started a blog. Isaac is so darn cute!

Milton and Christen Crowther and Family said...

Whitney I have two thumb suckers, What did you put on his thumb. Please let me know I will definitly try it.

Jennifer said...

I'm so proud of Isaac too, but I agree it's a little sad- the end of an era, but the next one will be just as fun! He does have the cutest buttcrack, and I love the picture of the bug on his hoodie. I'm sorry you had a kidney infection. I hope you are feeling better now!

Shai said...

Thats awesome that it was that easy! He is so little in that first picture! Just wait till he starts going to school all day, then you really wonder where the time went! Love you!