Saturday, July 25, 2009

Bad Day?

Right off the bat it was a really bad sign for the day ahead -

I woke up at 6:30 shivering, I thought nothing other than it must be cold in our house, the shivering progressed to violent shaking where I could not even hold anything in my hands. Brent took my tempurature and it was at a good 102 degrees. Great, I thought as I tried to calm down my flinging body.

Now let me give you a bit more info on what was happening with me. Friday Brent tried to get me to go to the doctor because my back and side were aching horribly. He looked on WebMD and matched that and some other symptoms that I was having to a kidney infection. I did not think that that was the case so I told him that if I was still sick on Monday I would go to the doctor, I would have gone then but we had a problem with my insurance and our choice with them was either get a refund of $600 for when I was not covered but they withheld from my check anyway or they could keep the money and I would still have insurance, I chose to get the money back. The reason I wanted this money back was that I was not covered for the time that they took it out so it was my money, and open enrollment is in August and I thought I wont be sick in just a months time. Anyway we dont have insurance at this time.

Back to the story. Around 7:00 my shaking finally stops, Brent checks my temp. again and it is 105. We decide that it is probably good if we go to the doctor now, so we drag Isaac out of bed, get dressed and head out to the ER. We walk in and talk to the lady at the front desk and she takes my vitals and brings me right back, my pulse rate is 160 and my temp is 103 she says that I am actually really sick. So I give one of those samples that are always fun to give and then get dressed in one of those fancy hospital gowns and lay on the bed, waiting for the doctor. He comes in and says that they want to get my fever under control and lower my pulse so they are going to take some blood then hook me to an IV and give me fluids and an Antibiotic. And there I sat for a couple of hours getting colder and colder as the fluid starts running through my body. When the nurse comes back in she checks my temp and it is 98 but my pulse is still 110 and they want to get it under 100 so they give me another bag of fluid. Finally the doctor comes back and says that I do have a kidney infection and that I will need to be on antibiotics for the next 2 weeks, of course it is a gradual drug so it will take a few days for my fevers to get under control but they shouldn't be as bad. We get to leave then and we go home so the boy and I can take a nap then we head out to the nearest walmart to get the prescription filled. Now since it is Saturday you would think that Brent has the day off and you would normally be right but today he had picked up a shift because his five day break starts tomorrow and he needed more hours for the week, so as soon as we get home he heads off to work. I am feeling alright for the most part at this point just extremely week. This all would be bad enough but I have to do laundry tonight so I have to walk downstairs and around to the back to get to the machines which I hate to do even when I feel great.

Anyway that was my day, I hope all of yours went better than mine.

4 comments:

Zaissa said...

Does NOT sound fun. Chills from a fever from and infection are the worst!

Glad you are better.

Alicia said...

What a terrible day! Hopefully the antibiotic kicks in super soon and you feel much better.

Love ya!

Tiffy Ann said...

Hope your feeling better soon. I love you!

quinn and kristi said...

oh I'm so sorry what a crummy day