Monday, October 13, 2008

Twilight

I have recently started listening to the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer, listening because my job is very dull and I listen to books for 8 hours 5 days a week, lately it has been 10 hours, I had run out of things to listen to having listened to Harry Potter at least 5 times (it gets very boring listening to the same things over and over). I had nothing else to listen to but a few series that I was not at all intrested in listening to. You have to understand that if I do not have a book that grabs my attention or intrests me in any way than time drags on and an 8 hour day can feel like 12 hours. I had downloaded the Twilight series because I knew that I would come to a point that I would need something new to listen to. I went in kicking and screaming not wanting to listen to it at all. I had only really heard from, excuse me, 'girly' people that these books were good, actually they said "GREAT!!!" which made me want to read them all the less. Now I must apoligize to all the people that I had doubts about their ability to pick out a good book, because they have been great. I am also very happy of the fact that my happiness at work relies very much on the fact that I have something to listen to, because without this fact I would never read this series, Brent actually has been annoyed with me because when I am home I am still wanting to listen to them (I would read them but we dont have the actual books). So I would not only like to apoligize to those people that I had doubts about, but I would also like to recommend this series to anyone, including men, that wants to experience a really good book.

5 comments:

Jenna Marie said...

Yeah thats right!! You should say sorry :)

Alicia said...

Huh.
Well...
Alright, I'll pick them up.

Jennifer said...

They are fun books. We have the Chronicles of Narnia on CD, should I bring them for you in January?

Alicia said...

I picked them up!
Found all of them (hardcover) for $22!! Couldn't pass them up.

Jennifer said...

Hey Whitney,

We are hoping to get to Vegas for Mandy & Coleman's wedding. They are hoping it will happen in January, but with everything they have to do it might take longer. We just want to have all 15 of us together at the same time again!

Jen =)